Last Updated on March 31, 2022 by Jack Sanders
Flat feet is a condition that occurs when the arches of your feet, for whatever reason, become ‘flat’ and touch the ground when you stand up. Most people with this condition are born this way, but for others it can occur because of different reasons, like age or injuries caused by standing for extended periods of time in hard surfaces. The latter is often a big problem for workers that are exposed to these kind of environments.
At the beginning this condition is usually harmless and painless. Thanks to this, many people don’t consider the fact that flat feet can actually be a very big problem. But let me tell you, it’s certainly something to pay attention to. Why? Because with the passing of time, the pains start to grow and one day you realize the suffering is so real that you can’t even stand on your feet.
The main problematic symptom is feeling a discomfort in the feet after a day of intense standing activity. It can come in the form of pain in the heel or arch area of your foot, or even swelling along the ankle. If this type of distress happens to you often or if it becomes too serious and you’re having a nightmare just by standing, you may want to go to your doctor for additional treatment.
However, most issues associated with flat feet can be alleviated with the right pair of work boots. Not only can you stop the pain, but you can be sure it will keep it away. So by the time you go home at night, your feet won’t be aching and you won’t have to worry about fighting through the agony associated with this awful condition.
The List Of The 9 Best Work Boots for Flat Feet
This is the list:
- 1) Wolverine Men’s Buccaneer Boot
- 2) Caterpillar Men’s Diagnostic Steel Toe Waterproof Boot
- 3) Rothco Deployment Boot
- 4) Justin Double Comfort Work Boots
- 5) Georgia Boot Georgia Giant – Wellington
- 6) Timberland PRO Men’s Soft Toe Boot
- 7) Thorogood Men’s American Heritage Oxford Safety Toe Oxford
- 8) Timberland PRO Men’s Mudsill Low Steel-Toe Lace-Up
- 9) KEEN Utility Men’s Flint Low Work Shoe
1) Wolverine Men’s Buccaneer Boot
I’ve been using Wolverine work boots for a couple of years now. And let me tell you, they provide a great deal of security and protection. They use waterproof leather that is very protective against any kind of liquid. On top of this, the overall ruggedness makes your feet feel secure at any moment.
From use in daily tasks to tough work activities, these work boots offer a quality feet support, making them a great option for workers suffering from flat feet. Thanks to the Wolverine MultiShox system that has a removable full-cushion insole and a rubber outsole for maximum comfort. On top of that they have a flexible contour welt that adapts to your every movement, the worker’s feet will be in heaven!
An ultimately great boot made to give you a superior service of comfort is probably one of the best choices if you’re looking for the best work boots for flat feet.
2) Caterpillar Men’s Diagnostic Steel Toe Waterproof Boot
I’m very picky about footwear. If you read my blogs, you know this is true. These Caterpillar boots are substantially good when it comes to safety features. They have an electrical hazard protection system that defends your feet from the most dangerous situations and they have 400 grams of patented thermal technology that will keep your feet safe from the coldest weathers.
I made a lot of research to find a high quality and lasting pair of construction work boots that are great for flat feet, and I picked this particular one because it has a removable perforated outsole that is constructed with a gel that gives the feet a high level of comfort in almost any kind of work terrain.
These boots are ergonomically made for your body and a really good option to take in mind.
3) Rothco Deployment Boot
One of my coworkers told me that these Rothco boots were really good, so I went ahead and bought a pair. The level of protection I felt at the moment I first used them was great. They have a slip and oil resistant outsole for preventing the naughtiest accidents and a lace smart system that is also rust proof.
The ISO 9001 certified work boots are very good at achieving comfort for your feet. They have ergonomic features that are good great if you have flat feet. They have padded leather uppers and a suede leather collar that combines to their breathable mesh give the worker’s feet an incredible level of comfort and support.
Finally, I can without a doubt tell you that these deployment boots are a great option if you are looking for the best work boots for flat feet given the support and comfort previously mentioned.
4) Justin Double Comfort Work Boots
These are the first pair of western style work boots I bought. I’ve never expected they were going to be this secure and safe for my feet. They have a high-quality polyurethane outsole and a Goodyear welt type of construction that accomplishes not only an impressive level of protection in any type of work situation but also gives the worker the peace of mind of knowing that he or she has a durable pair of boots.
When I first put them on, I imagined they were going to be fairly comfortable, but they are insanely pleasurable for me. I have flat feet and let me tell you that the ergonomic design is almost incomparable with the rest. They have a double comfort system that is added to a premium oiled leather material which makes these boots not only very comfortable but also very stylish.
These Justin pull-on boots are aimed at the worker that appreciates comfort, security, and an overall safe sensation when working.
5) Georgia Boot Georgia Giant – Wellington
- A Rubber made outsole that is slip resistant for wet floors.
- An oil resistant bumper guard to keep you away from spreading oil in your work environment.
- A high-performance lining to keep your foot protected from extremely high and low temperatures.
- A Goodyear welt construction to ensure you bought a really durable work boot.
It’s a real good quality boot for a fair price, with great features for workers that suffer from flat feet. It has an insole that is covered with cushion and an EVA midsole for achieving top comfort in the toughest and hardest terrains.
I can recommend them to anyone who is searching for a good boot that also needs an ergonomic design to achieve maximum comfort and support.
6) Timberland PRO Men’s Soft Toe Boot
I work in construction all day long. So I know how to test a pair of work boots. And let me tell you that these boots have great safety features that are worth to mention. They have a patented rubber outsole that is oil resistant and a thermolite insulation to achieve a stable temperature in your feet at all times.
After I bought them, these work boots were comfortable from day one. If you are someone who suffers from flat feet and you are searching for pleasurable footwear you are looking at a great pair of boots. They offer a very flexible midsole that is made of plastic which makes it very lightweight. And they also have an antimicrobial treated footbed to get maximum comfort and breathability to your feet at any temperatures.
I feel obligated to recommend this boots to you. They are really good and they are Timberlands, how much can you say? They’re worth it.
7) Thorogood Men’s American Heritage Oxford Safety Toe Oxford
Does your job require you to be in hazardous situation for both your feet and your overall health? Then you should look at the great protection features that these Thorogood boots offer. They have a steel toe that keeps your feet safe from any electrical accidents and a non-marking and slip-resistant outsole.
Full fledged comfort features are taken care in these boots. With the soft and protective outsoles that absorb any type of ground impact made by stepping in hard terrains. So you and your feet can rest sure that no more harm is going to happen at work.
These famous Thorogoods are some good pair of boots if you want a good combination of both comfort and security.
8) Timberland PRO Men’s Mudsill Low Steel-Toe Lace-Up
- Steel safety toes for achieving protection at any work terrains.
- Timberland PRO patented rubber outsole that is abrasion, heat, slip and oil resistant.
- Electrical hazard defense for the most dangerous accidents.
- Abrasion-resistant toe that achieves high durability.
- Nylon and leather ghillie lacing system for secure fit and an impressive durability
- Nylon shank that gets structural support to your feet.
- Open-cell polyurethane footbed with an antimicrobial treatment that makes breathable work boots.
The technology used in these boots is really good and useful if you suffer from flat feet. They have a cement construction that makes a pair of boots which is really flexible and needs a short break-in time. They also have a cushioned midsole and a mesh lining that combats odor.
I mainly do reviews of top quality work boots, and this one is no exception. The level of comfort and security provided on top of the great characteristics for flat feet are sufficient enough to recommend them.
9) KEEN Utility Men’s Flint Low Work Shoe
Keen is one of those brands I never get amazed enough. They continue to bring value to work boots breaking any expectations of mine. I mean, they have a patented technology that makes the outsole wrap up and cover the toes for impressive protection. And they also got an outsole that is oil and slip resistant for any type of work floor.
The technology used is stunning, and it is not only aimed to protection, it’s also aimed to take care of feet and the comfort they deserve. They are engineered to provide superior arch support with its internal support mechanism.
Finally, they also have a removable footbed that has a metatomical dual density for getting maximum comfort. Overall a great option.
Let me share with you a comparison table of the best work boots for flat feet that I’ve developed, so you can have a better understanding of what is the best choice for your needs.
What Are The 3 Simple Key Elements That The Best Work Boots For Flat Feet Should Have?
So, if the right pair of work boots can help alleviate the discomfort generated by flat feet, how should you choose that pair? The answer is that there are a few characteristics that the best work boots for flat feet should have. These are:
- Sole Support – If you suffer from flat feet, you’ll want to use boots that have a strong, thick, and firm sole that provides flexibility for every type of movement you need to do at your job. Which also will ensure that you don’t experience any pain in the soles of your foot. So, if you have to choose, a boot that has shock absorbing and thick sole is always a great choice, especially if you are already experiencing regular pain because of flat feet.
- Durability – With any work boot, you’ll want to choose something durable and strong that stands up to the test of time protecting your feet, no matter what. Why? Because if you pick boots that are low quality and not durable, then they will quickly fall apart after a few months of use and your feet, that need special care given their condition, won’t be secured and taken care of. Leather and rubber are typically the most common materials work boots are made of, and while each one are slightly different, try to look for boots that are proven to use quality versions of these materials.
- Comfort – The most important thing to consider in a work boot if you have flat feet, is comfort, and a type of comfort that lasts for long periods of time. The plus in buying a pair of work boots that is really comfortable, is the possibility of alleviating the pain you must feel from having flat feet. This by itself is enough reason to choose a quality boot that has this feature.